What makes a good location?
- There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ location. The main thing that we look for is whether the property is big enough to fit the cast and crew of a shoot. Unfortunately, even the most beautiful properties sometimes get turned down as there just isn’t the room to get the shots needed. The larger the rooms, the more scope the client will have.
- The most popular rooms are often the kitchen and living areas. However, we would still love to hear from you even if those rooms aren’t the best features of your property, if any rooms are a 'work in progress', or if you would prefer particular rooms not to be included. We ask that there are at least three usable rooms in the property as this will make your property more attractive to clients when they are searching the location library.
- Décor in our most popular locations is relatively neutral. This makes it more appealing to stylists who can create their desired look for the shoot. Statement walls can be great for alternative backdrops. Interesting features such as exposed brickwork or beams are always desirable.
- The location needs to have an aspirational feel to it. Lots of clutter, peeling wallpaper and scuffed paint work make it much harder for the photographer to get the shots needed.
- To respect your privacy, we only refer to each location by region and reference number. We edit out personal details such as number plates or family photos from our images.
Once your property has attracted a potential client, they may wish to arrange a recce prior to confirming a booking. This will involve a separate visit to identify if the rooms, space, lighting etc. meet the requirements for a specific shoot. A recce does not guarantee a booking. It’s therefore worth spending time beforehand preparing for the visit to ensure that you truly showcase your property.
Hiring your property for a Location Shoot is very exciting! For an outline of what is involved, see our typical on location shoot overview.
Once you're ready, please register your property or give us a call.